BECOME A MENTOR/MENTEE!
for application -- complete and "save" to
your own computer and submit via email as a PDF attachment to: Rebecca Fenning
at: firstname.lastname@example.org (or email
Rebecca with any questions!)
Welcome to the Web page of the LAUC-LA Committee on Mentoring:
- Rebecca Fenning, Chair (2013)
- Kevin Balster (2014)
- Marta Brunner (2013)
- Elizabeth Cheney (2014)
- Robert Gore
- Michelle Gorospe (2013)
- Ruby Gutierrez (2014)
- Simon Lee (2014)
- Amanda Mack (2013)
- Orchid Mazurkiewicz (2013)
- David Cappoli, Ex officio
- Support the professional development of LAUC-LA librarians
- Foster collegiality through social events and networking opportunities
- Promote a welcoming and supportive environment for newly hired librarians
- Provide opportunities for librarians, at different stages of their careers, to benefit from the perspective and experience of other librarians through formal or informal mentoring relationships
- Create a forum for learning opportunities that will enhance librarians' knowledge regarding LAUC-LA's role
WHAT IS MENTORING?
Mentoring is a developmental partnership through which one person shares knowledge, skills, information and perspective to foster the personal and professional growth of someone else.
“Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.” - John C. Crosby
WHAT IS A MENTOR?
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Refers mentees to resources and opportunities for connections
- Serves as a motivator when mentee is facing a challenge
WHAT IS A MENTEE?
- Possesses a strong desire to learn new skills and abilities
- Takes responsibility for their own professional growth
- Is willing to explore challenges using their own initiative
Click here for more about the Ad Hoc Committee's activities.